The Video Game Trophy Room: Episode 65 - Silver Surfer

NES: Silver Surfer

Holy. Fuck. I did it. I've been trying to beat this game since AVGN reviewed it about June of 2007. Up until then I had never even played it. I've played it off and on over the course of those two years, but I never managed to beat it all in one sitting. I got to the point where I could beat 3 or for bosses before I'd just get frustrated and die. Tonight however I seemed to have had lots of good luck, and, maybe most important, I had a good strategy.

At first when you play this game it seems like every stage is impossible. However in my personal opinion Mephisto and Firelord are the most annoying, followed by Reptyl. Knowing this I tackled Mephisto first. If you can make it through that level with your power ups then Firelord will be much easier. Once I cleared Firelord I moved onto Reptyl. I found that after clearing those three the Possessor and Emporer's levels weren't too bad. Other than the order, make sure you make good use of your bombs. Bombs have saved me so many times I can't even count. End of the day it just comes down to memorizing the levels.

In the words of AVGN "the difficulty is legendary". Now after my Battletoads experiment I have to say while this game is hard, that game is still the king of hard fucking games... That being said, this game does not fuck around. I dare you to play it.

posted by themoogle at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home
Archives