The Video Game Trophy Room: Episode 84 - Uninvited


NES: Uninvited

Here's the setting: I'm 6 years old, I'm used to play games like Super Mario Bros 3, Mega Man 3, Dragon Warrior, etc. One Saturday I get my parents to take me to the video store to rent a game and I pick up this one with a non-threatening title. Ooh, Uninvited, sounds like fun. I get it hope and pop it in to find out it's a point-and-click style adventure game. I can dig this, Monkey Island style (at the time Monkey Island had just come out a year before) so I go around exploring, and suddenly, a god damn ghost throws acid in my fucking face, and the game explains to me in detail how my skin has now fucking melted off! It scared the shit out of me! I remember having nightmares for weeks.

Here we are going on 20 years later and I have finally gotten around to putting this game to rest. Obviously the scare factor isn't as strong as it was back then, but the game still has some creepy moments. It isn't very long either, probably took me no more than an hour to finish. Still, having just got back from vacation it seemed like the perfect game to ease me back into a gaming mode. It's a fun game if you like Secret of Monkey Island or Shadowgate style adventures, and while I have never played it on Windows I would assume the graphics are much better seeing as how that version came out 2 years after the NES. Not to mention the fact you can use a mouse instead. Either way, the NES version is good, sometimes scary, fun. I would recommend it.

posted by themoogle at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home
Archives