The Video Game Trophy Room: Episode 45 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition


PC:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

The classic point and click adventure returns! I remember playing the original Monkey Island for the first time in '93. It had been already out for a few years. I was hooked though. My friend and I spent hours just trying to figure out where to go next.

I was really glad to see that the remastered version was still true to the original, some times I think that's the best way you can go. I would have been disappointed if it was more than just a cosmetic update. The music, was spot on and great to hear in orchestrated format, and I really liked the use of hot-keys instead of having the bottom part of the screen taken up with an action bar. The addition of voice was nice too and added a lot to the atmosphere. The jokes still make me laugh even to this day. I even liked the ability to switch back to the retro graphics, but I must be getting old because they gave me a headache >.< Even so, this is the definition of a classic game.

posted by themoogle at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home
Archives