The Video Game Trophy Room: Episode 43 - Mega Man X3


SNES:
Mega Man X3

I think the third of the Mega Man X series is possibly the best of the series on the SNES. It's also the most rare. I didn't even know there was a Mega Man X3 until I got into Emulation many years ago, but I am glad I did. All the traditional elements are here, heart tanks, sub-tanks, and a few new items as well.

I think what made this game so fun is it's the first one that lets you play as Zero, and everyone knows he's a bad ass! I think that alone is enough to make this game the best of the three SNES ones since the other aspects of the game were already done in the previous 2 titles.

I managed to beat it with everything minus Zero's sword (as I wanted to keep him alive for the ending :P). That is actually my one of my three complaints with this game, the fact that if Zero dies once, he's gone, and then you can never get him back. Kinda lame. You also can only call him once per level, and he can't fight bosses >.<

Even so, the game is still awesome. I give it 4.5 Mavericks out of 5.

posted by themoogle at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home
Archives